Please be aware that we never use any yahoo email address to conduct business.
Do not respond to any email from a yahoo address which claims to represent our hotel.
Please report and delete any email originating from a yahoo address claiming to be on behalf of our hotel.
"Phishing" or "brand spoofing" is the crime of sending an e-mail which falsely claims to represent a company in an attempt to scam the receiver into disclosing private information or to submit funds.
We are aware of one such scheme which in which James Cole is named as manager of our hotel, and which offers several job openings which do not actually exist. All such messages have originated from a yahoo email address.
Here are some signs that should alert you to a possible phishing attempt:
- Sense of urgency – threats that your account will be closed, fees will be charged, etc. if you don’t respond immediately
- Obvious spelling errors – used to bypass spam blockers
- Requests for data such as passport, credit card or social insurance numbers, bank account information, passwords, etc.
How to Report Phishing
- If you wish to advise us of an email which falsely claims to originate from our hotel, please forward the email(s) to us at: email@example.com
- If the email originates from a yahoo address, you may also forward it to the abuse department at yahoo at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about yahoo abuse policies can be found on their website, at: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/abuse/
- You may also contact Phone Busters by calling 1-888-495-8501 or e-mail email@example.com. PhoneBusters is the central agency in Canada that collects information on telemarketing, advanced fee fraud letters and identity theft complaints. It is jointly operated by the Ontario Provincial Police and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the information is disseminated to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. The data collected at PhoneBusters can help to prevent future similar crimes from taking place. Further information can be found on their website: http://www.phonebusters.com.
We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused by these occurrences.